Golden Thread accomplishes a lot with very little. We lean on our community, our biggest resource, to make it all happen. Major funding organizations continue to support our work with significant grants year after year. Will you join them?
Donate, volunteer, or give us in-kind help! Make a difference for Golden Thread.
Did you know that only 15% of our budget comes from ticket sales? We depend on the generosity of individuals and foundations to bridge the gap. No amount is too small, but here is what a major donation can sponsor each season:
- $250: An individual artist’s fee
- $500: A Fairytale Players touring show for young audiences
- $750: What do the Women Say? event celebrating International Women’s Day
- $1,500: A full season of New Threads staged reading series
- $3,000+: A young audiences show on our mainstage, like The Fifth String
- $5,000+: The ReOrient Festival & Forum
- $10,000+: Golden Thread’s 20th Anniversary Season
You can double your donation with an employer match. Find out if your company takes part in this program and contact Michelle Mulholland at email@example.com to sign up.
Golden Thread Productions is a 501(c)(3) corporation registered in the state of California (EIN 75-3009451). All donations are deductible as charitable contributions on the donor’s federal income tax return.
Help our lean staff by volunteering your time and talents. Whether it be two hours or 80, we can use your support. We need:
- Event Volunteers
- Event Photographer
- Event Videographer (and Video Editor)
- Crew (set build, paint, load-in & strike)
Contact Michelle Mulholland at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
IN-KIND GIVING OPPORTUNITIES
Goods and services make excellent donations. Share your resources with Golden Thread. We need:
- Room & Board for visiting artists
- Event Food/Hospitality
- Travel Miles
- Storage Space (Set, Props, Costumes)
- Studio Space (auditions, rehearsals)
- Office Supplies (paper, cd/dvd, ink)
Contact Torange Yeghiazarian at email@example.com to discuss.
TREE OF LIFE
A Fund for New Play Development
Golden Thread’s Tree of Life campaign is inspired by the Wishing Trees frequently encountered in the Middle East symbolizing the continuity of life from our ancestors to future generations. An inspiration to the design and story of our 2011 season-opener, Night Over Erzinga, the Tree of Life campaign has evolved into Golden Thread’s Fund for New Play Development offering an opportunity for individual donors to be a part of every world premiere. The 5-foot Tree of Life bearing family names and dedications from donors like you will be on display in the theatre lobby during Golden Thread’s main-stage productions.
Partner with us in bringing untold stories and vital alternative perspectives of the Middle East to the American stage.