We accept full-length plays on an ongoing basis.
Short plays (10-40 min) will be considered for ReOrient Festival, staged once every three years. Deadline Extended to May 1, 2011.
Interest Areas include:
• All plays written by a Middle Eastern writer on any topic
• All plays about the Middle East written by anyone
• Comedies of all sorts particularly political satire
• Adaptations of classical texts and or historical figures
• Exploration of Middle Eastern performance traditions
• Experiments with non-realistic forms
Mail play, resume & cover letter to:
Golden Thread Productions
499 Alabama St. #450
San Francisco, CA 94110
WE DO NOT ACCEPT E-MAIL SUBMISSIONS.
WE DO NOT RETURN PLAYS.
If you'd like to be notified of receipt, include a self-addressed stamped postcard.
We do not respond to every submission, only those selected for development, reading or production.
If you are a playwright of Middle Eastern-American background, please consider submitting to Middle East America: A National New Plays Initiative www.middleeastamerica.org
THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORK AND KEEP WRITING!