Golden Thread produces passionate and provocative plays from and about the Middle East that celebrate the multiplicity of its perspectives and identities. We are a developmental catalyst and vibrant artistic home to artists at various stages of their careers. We bring the Middle East to the American stage, creating treasured cultural experiences for audiences of all ages and backgrounds.
Through our work, we aim to create a world where the common human experience supersedes cultural and political differences. We define the Middle East broadly and inclusively not by geographical boundaries, but as the shared and evolving experience of the people who have been touched by its tales, melodies and aromas throughout history. The Middle East lives inside us: as we redefine ourselves, we redefine the Middle East.
Our Guiding Principles are:
- Develop and produce innovative works that intrigue, inquire and influence.
- Engage the community in an active dialogue and draw diverse audiences.
- Discover, develop and support Middle Eastern artists.
- Promote the rich texts and diverse performance styles of the Middle East.
- Seek and include the many talents of our diverse community in the production of socially conscious works with a progressive political sensibility.